• Online news outlet of Beachwood High School - Follow us on Twitter @bcomberonline - Like our Facebook page "The Beachcomber"

Pinecrest Offers New Dining and Entertainment Options

Photo by Nakita Reidenbach

Photo by Nakita Reidenbach

Pinecrest Shopping Centre opened in June of 2018.

The mixed use mall offers a variety of restaurants and entertainment centers, such as the Silverspot Cinema and Pinstripes bowling alley.

Offices and retail stores are also located in Pinecrest, including Whole Foods, which just opened Aug. 29.

Some restaurants pull in crowds, such as Shake Shack and BiBiBop. With lines out the door and curving around the building, Shake Shack has become a favorite at Pinecrest.

Shake Shack offers a variety of food options to meet your cravings: frozen custard and milkshakes to hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken sandwiches. In fact, some people claim that Shake Shack has the best hamburgers and milkshakes on the market.

“The food was very flavorful for fast food,” sophomore Rachel Cohen said. “The hype meets expectations.”

“[I like] how there’s a wide variety of food,” she added.

However, sophomore Tal Rub is not as impressed.

“There isn’t anything special about Shake Shack; it’s just your average hamburger place,” Rub said.

Other restaurants offer a different take on traditional foods.

The rich and tangy flavors of Northeast Ohio’s newest BiBiBop has stirred up a new interest in Asian food.

Inspired by mainly South Korean delicacies, BiBiBop creates its piquant dishes using a combination of modern American and traditional Asian methods.

Inspired by mainly South Korean delicacies, BiBiBop creates its piquant dishes using a combination of modern American and traditional Asian methods.”

Despite being called “fast food” for its speedy delivery, it is made up of very healthy produce, low in calories, and high in many essential nutrients.

The traditional foods of rice, noodles, salads and even tea spun with a unique modern twist along with unforgettable spices has created a new zest for the Asian palate.

Many students are very impressed by the new Asian food.

Sophomore Somin Jung was especially delighted with BiBiBop’s wide array of food.

“[BiBiBop has] really good options for all kinds of eaters (vegan, vegetarian, gluten free),” Jung said.

Sophomore Sunny Wang said that she has never been disappointed with the food, service or hospitality of BiBiBop.

“It one hundred percent has a special place in my heart,” she added.

Silverspot Cinema offers an exclusive theater experience.

The reclining leather seats and convenient dinner tables ensure a comfortable and relaxing experience. The dine-in theater allows one to sample classical American cuisine.

The quality surround-sound speakers combined with the high-definition big screen are sure to offer a memorable time.

Along with restaurants and the movie theater, Pinecrest also has a Graeter’s Ice Cream shop, which offers varieties of shakes, sundaes, and ice creams.

Mitchell’s is good at flavor creation, whereas Graeter’s is better at mixing flavors and toppings. Overall they’re just different types of ice cream.”

— Student Activities Coordinator Craig Alexander

Many believe that Mitchell’s Ice Cream is the best in the area, but Graeter’s, a Cincinatti company, brings tough competition.  

Some students like sophomore Shayna Preisler even prefer Graeter’s to Mitchell’s.

“I got the same flavor from Graeter’s that I usually get from Mitchell’s, and the chocolate chips were a lot better,” she said.

Some say that their styles of ice cream are different and they both have different strengths.

“Mitchell’s is good at flavor creation, whereas Graeter’s is better at mixing flavors and toppings. Overall they’re just different types of ice cream,” Student Activity Coordinator Craig Alexander said.

Both places have unique flavors with their own take on ice cream, so ultimately it’s up to your cravings to decide which one is the ideal spot.

With new food, movies, and ice cream, Pinecrest offers a trendy and enjoyable shopping complex near Beachwood that everyone can enjoy.

Nakita Reidenbach, Staff Writer

Nakita Reidenbach has been writing for the Beachomber since fall of 2017. She enjoys writing about a variety of topics including sports and feature stories....