It’s Not Easy Being Green: The Fate of the Green Dream Classroom

Due to the dismantling of the Green Dream classroom, the BHS marketing class has moved forward with a new project called ENTROVATION.Marketing teacher Greg Perry’s class started the Green Dream eco-showcase five years ago, beginning a highly-successful BHS tradition.“I challenged them to sell a green product” said Perry. “They said rather than selling a product, why don’t we show people how they can go green.”The old Green Dream classroom will be replaced with a new classroom and in that, a school store, which will still be eco-friendly, but it won’t be based around the Green Dream. In fact, the Green Dream no longer exists. In its place is a new project called ENTROVATION, a new term that Perry describes , “Where Entrepreneurship Meets Innovation.”

The old classroom has been dismantled, but some items have been saved.

“We saved the furniture, we saved the treadmills… We tried to save some of the other things that will either be used in room 506 or in my new classroom which will be built for next year,” explained Perry.

“[ENTROVATION will spur] creative ideas and innovative ideas into the marketplace for new businesses,” said Perry

Like many students apart of this project, BHS senior Jori Holloway’s job is to go out and get venders and sponsors for this years ENTROVATION event. The ENTROVATION event will be very similar to the past Green Dream occasions.

The Green Dream was “successful in getting the word out” said Holloway.

“The new concept of ENTROVATION I think is going to do exactly the same thing, it’s going to grow the idea of the Green Dream.” Concludes Perry.