Dreaming in Green

Dreaming in Green

The Green Dream this year was bigger, better and more well-attended than ever with over 130 vendors and 4000 visitors.

The expo was teeming with people who toured booths inside and outside the Beachwood Community Center and sampled local food. Visitors seemed to enjoy themselves.

“It’s bigger than the last one, and they decorated more. They’ve been improving,” said senior Jade Ferguson.

The expo was decorated with recyclable materials. Upbeat music could be heard. There were food trucks on either side of the dining area, each with organic food to sample from bistro fare to cupcakes and ice cream.

The tables were made out of cardboard, painted with bright greens, pinks and purples.

Visitors could see sample snacks and soaps, and learn about a range of eco-friendly products and services including appliances, massages and yoga lessons. With such a range of offerings, visitors would be hard pressed not to find something of interest.

Most of the exhibitors seemed happy with the expo, and some were impressed with how well it was run.

“Everyone has been nice and helpful, and they were exceptional this year,” said a vendor from Veggie Plus.

“We’ve been here three years, and we will continue to return. They are phenomenal. They’ve been really helpful,” said another vendor who was selling windows

“This really is organized and well run compared to other similar expos,” said another.

The annual Green Dream expo is run entirely by students in Greg Perry’s marketing class. With more than 130 exhibitors this year, it really has grown since its inception in 2007.

After meeting their sales goals, marketing students were able to finance an incentive trip to Miami’s South Beach.