Beachwood Gets Pumped For Valentine’s Day

Beachwood Gets Pumped For Valentines Day

As Valentine’s Day approaches, Beachwood students and staff prepare to make it special.

Junior Dionte Baskerville said that he has been alone in the past, but this year will be different.

“My plan for [this year] is to take my girlfriend Kendyl out to eat,”  Baskerville said. “I love Valentine’s Day because it’s a day when everyone shares love.”

Guidance Secretary Bev Zaharewicz said that in previous years she bought cards for her husband and went out to dinner with her children.  This year she is buying candy and mailing it to her children at college.

“I am looking forward to this day because it is [just before] our wedding anniversary and my husband’s birthday,” said Zaharewicz. “Sometimes we [celebrate the two events] together. It’s always a fun day.”

Junior Alex DeVaughn said that in the past she went to dinner and movies with her boyfriend on Valentine’s Day.  Her boyfriend usually plans a surprise.

“I like Valentine’s day because it is always two days [before] my birthday,” said DeVaughn.

Athletic Department Secretary Nancy Stanisa said she tries to make the day special by exchanging gifts with her husband and going out for dinner.

“I really haven’t thought about what I am going to do for this year’s Valentine’s Day,  but I would like to send cards to my 15 grandchildren,” said Stanisa. “I don’t think there is going to be much difference from previous years.”

Stanisa makes heart-shaped sugar cookies and decorates them for her grandkids.

Stanisa concluded by saying that she likes to make this day special.  She thinks Valentine’s Day is nice because it is after the holidays and provides some fun during the long days of February.