• Online news outlet of Beachwood High School - Follow us on Twitter @bcomberonline - Like our Facebook page "The Beachcomber"

New Year, Time For New Headphones

Apple's AirPods Offer a New Listening Experience

+Just+as+Apple+revolutionized+the+cell+phone%2C+AirPods+seem+to+be+the+first+generation+in+their+revolution+of+the+headphone+market.+Image+source%3A+Apple.com
Back to Article
Back to Article

New Year, Time For New Headphones

Just as Apple revolutionized the cell phone, AirPods seem to be the first generation in their revolution of the headphone market. Image source: Apple.com

A year after their release in December of 2016, Apple AirPods wireless headphones have taken the nation by storm.

“Apple’s AirPods have accounted for 85 percent of totally wireless headphone dollar sales in the U.S.,” according to market research by the NPD group.

The cost of $160 may be high for some customers, but the quality make them worth the price.

They are physically larger than previous Apple earphones, which allows them to stay in your ears better. They are also better for exercising due to the fact that the AirPods do not have a cord that gets in the way.

Some of the AirPod features have never been seen before. Not only are they wireless and connect to any Bluetooth device, they also come with a charging case that monitors battery life.

Another feature of the AirPods is that users can use the AirPods to answer calls. There is a setting in the Bluetooth section of the iPhone that gives the option to receive calls using AirPods.

Perhaps the coolest feature is that when listening to music on AirPods, when you take one out of your ear, the music will stop. When you put it back in your ear, the music will continue to play from the point you left off. ”

This means that if someone calls you, rather than having to put your ear to your phone or having to put your phone on speakerphone where everyone can hear your phone call, you can talk and listen to calls through the AirPods, as with other Bluetooth devices.

The sound produced by the AirPods is also significantly improved from the original Apple earphones. This is another main reason why so many people love the Airpods.

Because they run on Bluetooth, the sound is already top notch. But in addition to this, the AirPods’ shape is actually the biggest factor that affects sound quality compared to the original Apple earphones.

But perhaps the coolest feature is that when listening to music on AirPods, when you take one out of your ear, the music will stop. When you put it back in your ear, the music will continue to play from the point you left off. This can come in handy when people try to talk to you or when you drop one on the ground. It ensures that you don’t miss a second of whatever you are listening to.

Just as Apple revolutionized the cell phone, AirPods seem to be the first generation in their revolution of the headphone market.

Their one-of-a-kind characteristics could inspire a whole new generation of wireless earbuds, headphones, or different types of Bluetooth devices in general.

Sam Thomas, Staff Writer

Sam Thomas has been a writer for the Beachcomber since fall of 2017. He enjoys covering sports teams and players at BHS because sports is his main hobby...