Beachwood Boys’ Basketball Suffers Double Loss Against Top Teams

Beachwood Boys Basketball Suffers Double Loss Against Top Teams

On Friday night in Beachwood, the Bison boys’ basketball team was unable to avenge its earlier loss to conference foe Richmond Hts. The Spartans extended their lead every time the Bison nipped at their heels. In a game that was played closer than nine points for most of the night, Beachwood ended up losing 63-56.

The Bison were led by John Davis with 15 points and guard Ellis Cohen with 12 points. Richmond Hts. had a big game shooting the three led by guard Ishaam Smith, who scored 22 points and had three 3-pointers.

With the loss the Bison fall to 10-5 for the season, losing both meetings with power-house Richmond Hts.

*           *          *

On Saturday night, the Beachwood Bison boys’ basketball team was unable to upset 17th ranked VASJ. Playing at home for the second night in a row, the Bison came out strong but fizzled out in the second half as they dropped the game 72-63.

Beachwood had no answer for 6’8” center Demonte Flannigan as he dunked his way to 23 points and 10 rebounds. The Bison led throughout the first half as they took a 33-29 lead into the locker room at the break. Beachwood used the three-ball to hold off the Vikings early as Jared Moss knocked in four 3-pointers in the first half, finishing with 14 points for the game. John Davis added 16 points for the Bison.

Beachwood was unable to get it going from behind the arc in the second half, and the Vikings didn’t miss free throws down the stretch as they were able to pull away from the Bison in the end.

With the loss, Beachwood drops to 10-6, with three games remaining before the sectional tournament. Two of their final three games are against teams who have beaten the Bison this year, and the third is against 9th ranked Lake Catholic.