Bison Basketball Dominates Cardinal Huskies

On Tuesday night, the Beachwood Bison boys’ basketball team routed visiting Cardinal 102 to 57.

Scoring 37 points in the first quarter behind senior forward Jared Moss’s five for five shooting from beyond the three-point-line, the Bison put the Huskies out of the game early.

Beachwood slowed down a  bit in the second quarter as they only scored 16 points for a 53-24 lead at the half. The Bison put the game out of reach in the third quarter behind another 31 points, a product of the many steals and forced turnovers by sophomore guard John Davis.

Coming off a 41 point performance against Newbury, Davis finished with 14 points, six rebounds, five assists, seven steals and a block. Moss finished the game shooting an incredible 11 of 13 from the field including 9 of 10 from downtown for 31 points. Junior Center Jordan Richardson also had a big game for the Bison finishing with 16 points and seven rebounds.

Beachwood won the game 102 to 57, tallying 102 points for the second straight game. The Bison hadn’t scored 100 points for quite some time, let alone in back to back games. Beachwood 9-3(5-2) will need to ride this hot streak as they prepare to face conference foe Cuyahoga Hts. 9-3(3-0) on Friday.