Girls’ Basketball Team Defeats Wickliffe Blue Devils After Tense Game

Girls Basketball Team Defeats Wickliffe Blue Devils After Tense Game

The weather wasn’t the only thing chilly Saturday night in Beachwood, as the Bison were able to bounce back from an ice-cold shooting performance in the third quarter to overcome a late rally by the Wickliffe Blue Devils.

After leading 24-15 at halftime, someone seemed to have put a lid on the basket for the Bison as they only managed four points in the third quarter and trailed 29-28 heading to the fourth. The Blue Devils went on a 9-2 run to start the fourth quarter, with all nine points scored by Senior captain Sara Trefzger. Trefzger finished with a game-high 19 points including three 3-pointers.

The Bison, however, were able to retake the lead by getting to the free throw line and knocking down their shots. Scoring twenty points in the fourth quarter, the Bison were able to squeak out a 48-44 win. Aneisha Hardin paced the Bison with 18 points and Mikah Aldridge added 10 points including eight free throws. There was some bad news for the Bison though, as Sophomore Monique Kaiser had to leave the game with an apparent left knee or ankle injury. She did not return to the game.

With the win Beachwood improves to 6-3(3-1) on the season as they look to avenge their overtime loss earlier this year, at home against Richmond Hts. next week.