Library Club Kicks Off the Year

By Kharen Baduria, Staff Writer

It’s all around school. Reminders are posted everywhere, even written on the doors, and constant reminders on first class. Although it only meets once a month, the students along with advisor Jennifer Flaherty are determined to spread awareness of the library and promote literacy. Flaherty thinks this year “would be a good opportunity” to strengthen her relationship with “the students that are very dedicated to the library making it to the best it can be.”

Presidents Miranda Scott and Phillip Cohen have been in Library Club for most of their high school career. Both were drawn in their freshman and sophomore years. “I decided to join library club my sophomore year because I had seen the assembly for the activities fair and decided to sign up and see what it was about… and I’ve been a member ever since,” Cohen said.

Besides their constant reminders, The Library club is known for doing many fundraisers throughout the year. This year they hope to raise enough money for a new couch in the library through their book drive and gift-wrapping.

By far their largest fundraiser is the annual book drive, in which all donated books go to the Michael White School in Cleveland. “The most rewarding experience I have had in library club is getting to deliver the books we collected from the book drive and delivering them to children. We got to help children write their names in a book, which they would then get to take home and add to their home library,” said Scott.