Laura Tramer Swims to State Tournament

Laura Tramer, third from right, receives her medal at the district tournament.  Photo courtesy of Jennifer Tramer.
Laura Tramer, third from right, receives her medal at the district tournament. Photo courtesy of Jennifer Tramer.

By Scott Janovitz

Persistence and hard work really do pay off.  Just ask Laura Tramer, who recently participated in the OHSAA (Ohio Scholastic Media Association) swimming state tournament.  Laura posted great times in both the 200 free (1:54.49) and 500 free (5:05.29).

“It was really exciting to be part of such an exciting weekend,” the modest Tramer said happily. While Tramer swam in the top ten in the state for both events, she hopes to return next year with some new goals. She explained that for next year, she is thinking about “changing things up a bit and trying some new events, including trying to help a relay team get to states.” While she is not one to boast, her accomplishments this season certainly deserve recognition.

As junior swimmer Amnon Carmi explained, “Getting to states is one thing, but actually getting as high as Laura did, that’s truly special.”

So what can we expect from Laura next year? Although there are no guarantees, its probably safe to assume that Laura will continue to work and improve her already stellar career at BHS.

Laura Tramer smiles with her medal at the state tournament.  Photo by Lisa Sostakowski.
Laura Tramer smiles with her medal at the state tournament. Photo by Lisa Sostakowski.