Benefit Concert to Help Build Schools in the Philippines

On Saturday Dec. 1, a benefit concert will be held at the Beachwood Rec Center from 4-7 pm  to support TEN Moves. There will be a silent auction, raffle, local performers and plenty of food.

This event was put together by BHS students Haley Bogomolny, David Corty, Michelle Ordillas, Abby Ordillas, Erlien Tacastacas and Chad Tindel with the help of orchestra director Lisa Goldman. BHS Student Council, Amnesty International, students and parents assisted with the planning, although the event is not sponsored by BHS.

TEN Moves stands for “The Entire Nation Moves.” According to www.tenmoves.org, it is “a campaign to raise enough resources to build 10,000 classrooms in public schools all over the Philippines. Its main strategy is to get 2 million people to donate 10 [Philipine pesos] per day for 10 months.”

“I have always wanted to do something to help children in the Philippines… I believe that it’s important to give back and help out others that aren’t as fortunate,” said Junior Abigail Orillas. Ordillas is a daughter of first generation Filipinos.

“People should come because not only does it help raise money for schools in the Philippines, but also to hear local performers, along with [visiting] local businesses,” said junior David Corty.

You can help TEN Moves by attending the benefit concert on December 1st 4-7, or you can spread the word in your community about this campaign. Visit www.tenmoves.org for more information.